Helping clients navigate
the complexities of our industry.
FirstMark’s founder, Mitchell Atkins, has the unique perspective of having held various staff and senior management positions over the years at the securities industry’s self-regulatory body, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). As FINRA’s Regional Director for its South Region, he maintained overall responsibility for examinations and investigations in that Region. He frequently collaborated with other high-level staff in all areas of the organization. Known for his thoroughness and effectiveness in dealing with complex scenarios and crisis situations, Atkins is uniquely positioned to navigate his client’s most challenging issues. Those operating in a complex, highly-regulated industry benefit immeasurably by having strong working relationships with their regulators.
At FINRA, Mitchell Atkins was known and respected for his ability to forge excellent relationships. In response to a request by FINRA members for more direct interaction with their regulator, Atkins founded FINRA South Region Focus Groups. He was praised by many industry members for his willingness to understand and effectively respond to their concerns. Atkins will offer these skills to help clients build and manage effective relationships with regulators, even if there have been challenges in the past. Atkins has both the underlying technical expertise as well as the extensive experience necessary to help clients navigate even the most difficult regulatory and business situations.
Experience makes all the difference.
In today’s regulatory environment, it is not unusual to receive an official inquiry from a regulator. How a firm handles such an inquiry can make all the difference in the outcome. What you may think is a simple inquiry could be much more. In this environment, it is critically important to contact an experienced professional to help provide insights as to the best approach to handling a regulatory inquiry, investigation, or enforcement proceeding. While FirstMark Solutions does not provide legal or accounting services, its professionals can help you prepare responses to a regulatory inquiry. FirstMark’s founder, Mitch Atkins, has 20 years of experience working at the industry regulator, FINRA. In his role there as Senior Vice President and Regional Director oversaw thousands of examinations and investigations over the years. FirstMark clients benefit from Atkins’ experience and knowledge. Also, while FirstMark Solutions does not offer legal services, it maintains excellent relationships with top defense lawyers in the industry.
Building expert teams for clients.
With extensive industry experience and excellent relationships, FirstMark Solutions can build the right team to help you solve complex problems. FirstMark maintains relationships with industry experts in virtually every area of the securities industry. Whether it is a financial expert or defense counsel, FirstMark Solutions can arrange for the right team to work towards your solution.
Even among experts, there is usually a perfect fit for each situation. FirstMark Solutions can help you build a highly effective team to most effectively address regulatory examinations, investigations, enforcement matters, OTRs, regulatory undertakings, membership applications, technology conversions, and more.
One of the single most unfortunate situations that occurs in any complex regulatory situation is the failure to identify the right resources and experts to help resolve the matter in the most effective manner. FirstMark’s principal, Mitch Atkins, has observed hundreds of professionals handle complex situations over the years and maintains excellent relationships with a wide variety of resource providers.
FirstMark Regulatory Solutions was founded to provide expert guidance and insight to those in the financial services industry – one of the most heavily regulated in the world. The breadth and scope of the ever-changing and sometimes overlapping regulatory requirements often prompts organizations in this industry to seek expert assistance. Navigating these complexities is our business and our passion. So much so that FirstMark Solutions does not offer some of the standard, more routine broker-dealer consulting services offered by other firms. This ensures that FirstMark Solutions is free to focus on matters which require immediate, creative and specialized attention.
- FINRA Launches Initiative to Simplify Firms’ Digital Experience with FINRA, Facilitating More Efficient and Effective Compliance Programs
- Report from FINRA Board of Governors Meeting – May 2019
- FINRA Sanctions AXA Advisors, LLC Approximately $772,000 for Misrepresentations to 401(k) Plan Sponsors and Participants
- FINRA Orders Buckman, Buckman & Reid to Pay Approximately $205,000 in Restitution to Customers for Supervisory Failures Involving Excessive and Unsuitable Trading
- FINRA Forms Office of Financial Innovation, Announces Haimera Workie as Head
- SEC and FINRA to Hold National Compliance Outreach Program for Broker-Dealers
- FINRA Foundation and ALA Announce 50 Public Libraries to Host Thinking Money for Kids Traveling Exhibition
- SEC Obtains Emergency Order Halting Alleged Diamond-Related ICO Scheme Targeting Hundreds of Investors
- SEC and CFTC Participate in the Signing Ceremony for the IOSCO Enhanced Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding Concerning Cross-Border Enforcement
- Jury Rules in SEC’s Favor, Finds Brokerage Firm and Two of Its Executives Liable for Fraud
- SEC Proposes Actions to Improve Cross-Border Application of Security-Based Swap Requirements
- SEC Proposes Amendments to More Appropriately Tailor the Accelerated and Large Accelerated Filer Definitions
- SEC Charges Nevada Man Who Traded on Confidential Information Taken From Lifelong Friend
- SEC Charges Sapphire Glass Manufacturer and Former CEO With Fraud
- Mitch Atkins to Speak at 2019 FMA Securities Compliance Seminar
- Atkins Discusses FinCEN CDD Rule on FINRA AML Panel
- AML Surveillance – Major FINRA AML Case
- Mitch Atkins Presenting at FINRA South Region Conference
- Epic BD AML Compliance Failure Yields Another Record Fine
- FINRA Tolerance for AML Compliance Failures Fading